Malta is one of the most attractive places in the last few years. There is something for everyone: from the crazy parties, to the historical sites, unspoiled nature and a place for complete relaxation. Literally for every taste. If you want to visit it, there is some basic information you need to know.
1. Malta is not an island but an archipelago made from seven small islands. Malta and Gozo are the largest and they are inhabited, Comino is also larger but is not inhabited, it consists a luxurious complex. The other 4 are completely uninhabited.
2. Calypso Cave is probably the place where Homer wrote the Odyssey
3. Malta is only 80 kilometres from Sicily.
4. They are driving on the left side.
5. Became a state in 1964, previously was a British colony.
6. The peak of the summer season lasts until the middle of autumn.
7. In Malta are recorded a number of Hollywood films. Some of them are: “Troy,” “Game of Thrones,” “Gladiator” and “Captain Phillips”.
8. Malta does not have a river, forest or mountain.
9. The capital city Valletta is the first city made by plan. It’s built in 1565 by St. John of Jerusalem. The whole city was made in 15 years and it holds the record for fastest-built city.
10. Côte d’window is natural rock, but it’s not recommendable to walk over it. But don’t worry, you can swim under it.
11. Maltese, which is very similar to Arabic, and English are the official languages.